CES 2013: iBattz announces 12,000 mAh BattStation Tough Pro, new iPhone 5 battery cases
Just last week we reviewed some powerful iPhone cases from iBattz, including the Mojo Hi5 Powerbank Case. Now the company, exhibiting at CES 2013 this week, has announced three new iPhone 5 battery cases and a new "über-battery" for keeping your iOS devices fully charged.
That latter item (seen above) is the iBattz BattStation Tough Pro 12000 (US$49.90), with a huge 12,000 mAh of power that can charge a single iPhone up to eight times or charge a dead iPad with Retina display. It has a silicone shell to protect the battery from drops and water splashes, perfect for taking on hiking and camping trips. There's no word on whether the BattStation is used to power the Batmobile or Bat-Signal...
All joking aside, iBattz also has a stash of iPhone 5 battery packs that will be shipping soon. The Mojo Refuel ($89.90, seen above) comes with two 2200 mAh batteries that can be switched out, and the Mojo Armor ($99.90) adds rugged construction to those two batteries in a dual-material case. The Refuel should hit stores next month, while the Armor is scheduled for March.
Finally, iBattz wants to make sure that your iPhone 5 not only gets enough power, but can also survive a dunking. The new AquaSeal Hi5 Powerbank Case for iPhone 5 (price and availability to be announced) is a two part solution -- there's a waterproof case for the iPhone 5 and an attachable 2500 mAh battery.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter