PowerCam for iOS improves collage, adds effects
In our August review of PowerCam (US$0.99), we called it "...a grab bag of photo tools wrapped up into one app." That bag gets a little nicer with version 2.1, which adds some nice new effects, improves the collage feature with new templates and a "freestyle" option and more. It's super handy and useful. Here's a quick look at PowerCam 2.1
Camera apps are fun and there's a lot to explore with PowerCam. What's interesting is that filters are applied in real time as you shoot (still or video). That way you know how an effect will alter your photo before you make the image. Of course, you can still apply filters and perform other editing tasks after you shoot as well.
PowerCam lets you create a collage of your images as well. It's similar to scrapbooking. Version 2.1 offers a new free mode and many new templates. Once your creation is complete, it's simple to send it to the Camer Roll or share via a laundry list of services, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and many more.
PowerCam 2.1 is available in the App Store. PowerCam HD is also available for the iPad at the same price.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client