PowerCam for iOS improves collage, adds effects
In our August review of PowerCam (US$0.99), we called it "...a grab bag of photo tools wrapped up into one app." That bag gets a little nicer with version 2.1, which adds some nice new effects, improves the collage feature with new templates and a "freestyle" option and more. It's super handy and useful. Here's a quick look at PowerCam 2.1
Camera apps are fun and there's a lot to explore with PowerCam. What's interesting is that filters are applied in real time as you shoot (still or video). That way you know how an effect will alter your photo before you make the image. Of course, you can still apply filters and perform other editing tasks after you shoot as well.
PowerCam lets you create a collage of your images as well. It's similar to scrapbooking. Version 2.1 offers a new free mode and many new templates. Once your creation is complete, it's simple to send it to the Camer Roll or share via a laundry list of services, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and many more.
PowerCam 2.1 is available in the App Store. PowerCam HD is also available for the iPad at the same price.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration