BlackBerry Z10 and iPhone 5 go head-to-head in video
German site Telekom-Presse has put together a video comparing the iPhone 5 with the upcoming BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, both in terms of physical design and software. The video plays out almost like an informercial for RIM's new device -- due to be formally unveiled next week -- lauding the way it handles certain tasks and navigation "better" than the iPhone, but offers some interesting takeaways beyond the presenter's very pro-BlackBerry 10 leanings.
We were actually pretty impressed by the entirely gesture-based take on app switching, which lets you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see thumbnails of all running applications. Beyond that, though, it looks like RIM has simply devised different ways to handle things like centralized notifications. We'll have to see how useful something like different launcher screens for personal and business apps is in the long run, though.
The video is in German, but we've embedded it so that you get an idea of how the Z10 differs from the iPhone 5 in operation. What do you think? Is there anything BlackBerry 10 is doing that you'd like to see in a future version of iOS?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free