BlackBerry Z10 and iPhone 5 go head-to-head in video
German site Telekom-Presse has put together a video comparing the iPhone 5 with the upcoming BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, both in terms of physical design and software. The video plays out almost like an informercial for RIM's new device -- due to be formally unveiled next week -- lauding the way it handles certain tasks and navigation "better" than the iPhone, but offers some interesting takeaways beyond the presenter's very pro-BlackBerry 10 leanings.
We were actually pretty impressed by the entirely gesture-based take on app switching, which lets you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see thumbnails of all running applications. Beyond that, though, it looks like RIM has simply devised different ways to handle things like centralized notifications. We'll have to see how useful something like different launcher screens for personal and business apps is in the long run, though.
The video is in German, but we've embedded it so that you get an idea of how the Z10 differs from the iPhone 5 in operation. What do you think? Is there anything BlackBerry 10 is doing that you'd like to see in a future version of iOS?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features