Review: Shopping Pro for iOS
Shopping Pro is a new app from Quinn Genzel, the creator of Packing Pro. Shopping Pro (US$2.99) is what I would call the mother of all shopping list apps. It follows the detailed template of Packing Pro, with the ability to create templates from hundreds of items you might need from the grocery store.
The app supports iCloud, so you can sync your shopping lists with your other iOS devices. You can also share list with family and others via email or iTunes sharing.
The design can be customized with different color schemes and fonts. There is also a powerful search feature.
Getting the app working is a matter of creating basic lists and checking things off as you go. You can input price and have the app generate a sales tax estimate. In testing, I noticed that you can go far beyond the standard grocery list, adding things such as appliances and electronics.
My only real knock on the app, and it is a slight one, is the overall look. It reminds me of old DOS screens. That should be easy to fix, and I hope the app will adopt a more modern look and feel to show off its power and flexibility.
Shopping Pro requires iOS 5 or later and is universal. The app is optimized for the iPhone 5.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options