EA launches Origin for Mac alpha, includes free Bookworm
Electronic Arts announced today that it's bringing its Origin service to Mac, and that an alpha version of it is now available for download. According to EA, the alpha is being opened up to "a few thousand" users in North America and Europe. You can get the client from the Origin web store's demos page.
Since this is an early release meant for tire-kicking, the actual Origin Store isn't yet available from within the app. Those who download the alpha, however, will be gifted with a free copy of PopCap's word-forming puzzle game Bookworm in the My Games library. It will remain there after the final release of the Origin client goes live.
Responding to questions about today's release, EA remarked that it hopes the existence of an Origin client for Mac will serve as a motivation for more of the company's games to appear on the platform. That being the case, which ones would you like to see that aren't already announced?
Electronic Arts announced today that it's bringing its Origin service to Mac, and that an alpha version of it is now available for...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements