EA launches Origin for Mac alpha, includes free Bookworm
Electronic Arts announced today that it's bringing its Origin service to Mac, and that an alpha version of it is now available for download. According to EA, the alpha is being opened up to "a few thousand" users in North America and Europe. You can get the client from the Origin web store's demos page.
Since this is an early release meant for tire-kicking, the actual Origin Store isn't yet available from within the app. Those who download the alpha, however, will be gifted with a free copy of PopCap's word-forming puzzle game Bookworm in the My Games library. It will remain there after the final release of the Origin client goes live.
Responding to questions about today's release, EA remarked that it hopes the existence of an Origin client for Mac will serve as a motivation for more of the company's games to appear on the platform. That being the case, which ones would you like to see that aren't already announced?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app