Pebble Smartwatch app hits the App Store
Just hours after Pebble announced that it shipped out its first few hundred units of Pebble watches to early Kickstarter benefactors, Pebble Smartwatch, the companion app to the device, has hit the App Store. Users don't need the app to use most of the features of the watch, however the app is required for software updates and installing timepiece faces. The app works on the iPhone and iPod touch but is not optimized for the iPad.
From the Pebble Smartwatch app description:
PEBBLE - E-PAPER WATCH FOR IPHONE AND IPOD
Pebble is the first watch built for the 21st century. It's infinitely customizable, with beautiful watchfaces and useful internet-connected apps. Pebble connects to iPhone and iPod using Bluetooth, alerting you with a silent vibration to incoming calls, emails and messages. While designing Pebble, we strove to create a minimalist yet fashionable product that seamlessly blends into everyday life.
The Pebble app provides a dashboard for your Pebble smartwatch:
- Notifies you when software updates for Pebble ready to install
- Installs and remove custom watchfaces onto your Pebble
- Sends ping test messages to your Pebble
- Helps you troubleshoot issues
Pebble Smartwatch is a free download. Pebble watches are currently available for pre-order. They cost US$150.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features