Apple TV update includes Up Next, Bluetooth keyboard support and more
As is becoming common practice, Apple today launched an update to the Apple TV software alongside its latest version of iOS for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This latest iteration of the media streamer's OS -- version 5.2 -- introduces a couple of really nice features in the form of Up Next, support for Bluetooth keyboards and enhanced iTunes in the Cloud functionality.
Up Next, introduced in iTunes 11, lets you queue up songs and see a list of what's going to be playing. Hopefully its introduction on Apple TV is a sign that it's not too far off on other iOS devices. With iTunes in the Cloud on Apple TV, you can now stream purchased music in addition to movies and TV shows. As for Bluetooth keyboard support, that's just a no-brainer, really, and something we've been looking forward to for quite a while.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter