jOBS film reviews start rolling in
Ashton Kutcher's jOBS movie will land in theaters on April 19th, and a few technology sites have gotten a sneak peek at the film. Reviews are mixed with The Next Web generally enjoying the film, and CNET saying the effort "falls flat." The Verge hits the middle ground with both praise for the way Ashton Kutcher captured Jobs' mannerisms and criticism of the film's oversimplification of supporting characters.
"But, overall, jOBS works. The lead actors are likable and appear to have put serious effort into getting the spirit of the characters right. The film looks (mostly) good aside from some of what could likely be ascribed to budgetary constraints. And though the director is a tad indulgent here and there, it doesn't take away from the overall feeling of 'decent' that I came away with." -The Next Web
"It's not quite the Academy Award-winning epic fans might be hoping for, but it's far from a disaster." -The Verge
"Others will write of the things jOBS omits, gets wrong or simply avoids. My primary disappointment was in how shallow the film felt, given the extensive historical record." -CNET
Ashton Kutcher's jOBS movie will land in theaters on April 19th, and a few technology sites have gotten a sneak peek at the film....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update