FCC filing reveals slightly smaller Apple TV on the horizon
An FCC filing released today shows that a slightly smaller Apple TV is in the pipeline.
The device, model no. A1469, is smaller than the current-generation Apple TV. It clocks in as a 93.78 mm square, and the current Apple TV is 98 mm. MacRumors noted yesterday that the latest Apple TV software update included code names, which are most likely associated with this new model. Apple filed the paperwork with the FCC in December 2012.
The third-generation Apple TV was released on March 7, 2012, so the time is right for it to be refreshed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync