FCC filing reveals slightly smaller Apple TV on the horizon
An FCC filing released today shows that a slightly smaller Apple TV is in the pipeline.
The device, model no. A1469, is smaller than the current-generation Apple TV. It clocks in as a 93.78 mm square, and the current Apple TV is 98 mm. MacRumors noted yesterday that the latest Apple TV software update included code names, which are most likely associated with this new model. Apple filed the paperwork with the FCC in December 2012.
The third-generation Apple TV was released on March 7, 2012, so the time is right for it to be refreshed.
An FCC filing released today shows that a slightly smaller Apple TV is in the pipeline. The device, model no. A1469, is smaller than...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs