FCC filing reveals slightly smaller Apple TV on the horizon
An FCC filing released today shows that a slightly smaller Apple TV is in the pipeline.
The device, model no. A1469, is smaller than the current-generation Apple TV. It clocks in as a 93.78 mm square, and the current Apple TV is 98 mm. MacRumors noted yesterday that the latest Apple TV software update included code names, which are most likely associated with this new model. Apple filed the paperwork with the FCC in December 2012.
The third-generation Apple TV was released on March 7, 2012, so the time is right for it to be refreshed.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter