Apple: Apple TV spotted at FCC to offer same great experience, updated components
An Apple TV model spotted recently at the FCC won't bring our living rooms into the 21st century as hoped. According to a statement by Apple that was provided to The Verge, the unit spotted in FCC regulatory documents is only a refresh of the current version. It will include updated components and the same functionality as the third-generation Apple TV.
We sometimes make component changes which require an updated model number for regulatory approval. The component changes we made don't affect product features and Apple TV customers will continue to have the same great user experience.
Tim Cook has mentioned that the living room is an "area of intense interest" for Apple and notes that TV technology is 30 years behind other home technology. Hopefully, we will see the fruits of this interest in the near future.
An Apple TV model spotted recently at the FCC won't bring our living rooms into the 21st century as hoped. According to a statement by...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs