Apple: Apple TV spotted at FCC to offer same great experience, updated components
An Apple TV model spotted recently at the FCC won't bring our living rooms into the 21st century as hoped. According to a statement by Apple that was provided to The Verge, the unit spotted in FCC regulatory documents is only a refresh of the current version. It will include updated components and the same functionality as the third-generation Apple TV.
We sometimes make component changes which require an updated model number for regulatory approval. The component changes we made don't affect product features and Apple TV customers will continue to have the same great user experience.
Tim Cook has mentioned that the living room is an "area of intense interest" for Apple and notes that TV technology is 30 years behind other home technology. Hopefully, we will see the fruits of this interest in the near future.
An Apple TV model spotted recently at the FCC won't bring our living rooms into the 21st century as hoped. According to a statement by...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update