Apple TV may get HBO Go in first half of 2013
Could it finally happen? Bloomberg is reporting that Apple is "in negotiations" with HBO to bring HBO Go to the Apple TV in app form during the first half of 2013. As our fearless leader Victor Agreda pointed out upon hearing the news, "Of course they're in negotiations -- they're in them all the time with everyone, and have been forever." (That's paraphrased, but you get the gist.)
Still, the prospect that another major streaming app may finally be on our Apple TVs sooner rather than later is enough to get us excited. Unfortunately, it sounds like the dream of getting HBO Go sans a cable and HBO subscription is still just that: a dream. According to Bloomberg's piece, you'll still need to have HBO as part of your cable package in order to use the app on Apple TV.
Could it finally happen? Bloomberg is reporting that Apple is "in negotiations" with HBO to bring HBO Go to the Apple TV in app form...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle