MMT offers a mobile monitor for your Mac or iPad
This is the first Macworld for MMT, Mobile Monitor Technologies, and the company is offering a slightly different twist on portable USB monitors. Each is wrapped in brushed aluminum, and each has a nice build quality with what appears to be an outstanding screen. But there's a model with a numeric keypad installed (handy for your laptop), and a model which allows you to show your iPad's screen (for presentations).
The Monitor2Go model for iPad is somewhat like a clamshell case, but as you can see from the picture below, it's not really designed as a case. Instead, you have a monitor which you can flip up and swivel 180 degrees around, allowing you to show someone sitting across from your what's on your iPad. There are also USB and HDMI connections, which are handy.
The 1,366 x 768 resolution Monitor2Go sells for US$299, while the 1,600 x 900 version sells for $329. Both screens are 15.6 inches diagonally, and both support the iPad 2 and iPad 3 with built-in slots for both.
The Field Monitor Pro is the Mac version (seen below), with a numeric keypad built into the aluminum chassis. It's DisplayLink-certified, and according to MMT you can daisy chain up to six of these things off a single USB! The Field Monitor Pro also includes USB and HDMI, and features a resolution of 1,366x768 on a 15.6-inch screen. It retails for $289.
We hope to have a hands-on with one or both of these in the future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update