MMT offers a mobile monitor for your Mac or iPad
This is the first Macworld for MMT, Mobile Monitor Technologies, and the company is offering a slightly different twist on portable USB monitors. Each is wrapped in brushed aluminum, and each has a nice build quality with what appears to be an outstanding screen. But there's a model with a numeric keypad installed (handy for your laptop), and a model which allows you to show your iPad's screen (for presentations).
The Monitor2Go model for iPad is somewhat like a clamshell case, but as you can see from the picture below, it's not really designed as a case. Instead, you have a monitor which you can flip up and swivel 180 degrees around, allowing you to show someone sitting across from your what's on your iPad. There are also USB and HDMI connections, which are handy.
The 1,366 x 768 resolution Monitor2Go sells for US$299, while the 1,600 x 900 version sells for $329. Both screens are 15.6 inches diagonally, and both support the iPad 2 and iPad 3 with built-in slots for both.
The Field Monitor Pro is the Mac version (seen below), with a numeric keypad built into the aluminum chassis. It's DisplayLink-certified, and according to MMT you can daisy chain up to six of these things off a single USB! The Field Monitor Pro also includes USB and HDMI, and features a resolution of 1,366x768 on a 15.6-inch screen. It retails for $289.
We hope to have a hands-on with one or both of these in the future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs