Microsoft patches Office for Mac licensing bug
Microsoft has released an update to its Office for Mac 2011 software. The Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.3.1 Update fixes an issue that could "...cause Office 2011 applications to report a problem with Licensing even though the applications continue to run unaffected," according to the company. In other words, the bug caused several genuinely licensed copies of Office 2011 to think they were unlicensed and stop working.
The bug first appeared after Microsoft released the Office for Mac 2011 14.3 Update last week. That update delivered a number of genuine critical bug fixes and apparently spread the licensing bug. To install the latest update, users can launch any Office for Mac 2011 app and select "Check for Updates" under the Help menu. You can download the update directly here.
Microsoft has released an update to its Office for Mac 2011 software. The Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.3.1 Update fixes an issue...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client