Skype update adds 'e-gifting' to Mac app
There's a new update for Mac users of Skype today.
The new update brings two key features: eGifting, allowing you to send a gift of Skype credit to any of your Skype or Facebook friends on their birthday, and one-way SMS without the hassle of verifying your mobile number first. The update also resolves some previously known issues.
It's possible to gift someone Skype credit through Skype's website, but the eGifting feature / reminder on birthdays is a nice addition, especially if you've connected Skype to your Facebook account, since Skype credit seems more meaningful than a generic greeting on a friend's timeline. At least with gifting Skype credit, you're likely to have a face-to-face conversation, if they choose to call you with the credit you've sent them!
You can download the latest version of Skype for Mac from here or, with Skype open, click on the Skype menu bar and select Check for updates.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration