TUAW Bookshelf: Hello iPad Tips & Tricks
Longtime developer of training apps and books Saied Ghaffari's It's About Time LLC has a new title out in the iBookstore: Hello iPad Tips & Tricks (US$0.99). Following up on the company's popular Hello Mountain Lion Tips, Tricks & Secrets e-book, this enhanced electronic book collects more than 50 iPad tips and tricks into one fun-to-read tome.
As with its OS X Mountain Lion counterpart, this iBook contains a number of annotated screenshots and several videos along with short and sweet descriptions of the tips you'll want to learn. These books always surprise and delight me -- I use my Mac and iPad every day, all day, and I never fail to learn some new tricks that I didn't know about previously. For example, I was totally unaware that tapping and holding the Compose New Email button in Mail.app would show a list of saved draft messages.
Each tip displays the icon of the application you're using, the description of the tip and the annotated screenshot. The tips are organized primarily by the application -- for example, there is a section of home screen tips, Safari tips, Messages tips and a large group of keyboard shortcut tips.
Hello iPad Tips & Tricks is a perfect gift for someone who is relatively new to the iPad. Although the iBookstore doesn't appear to allow gifting of books for friends, you can always send them a link to buy it. And while you're at it, be sure to pick up a copy for yourself -- you're sure to learn at least a few great tips you never knew.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features