The benefits of fast user switching
He points out that working in a multiuser environment lets you troubleshoot issues without mucking up your current system setup. When trouble arises, just hop over to your test environment and tweak to your heart's content.
Business users can create a presentation profile that lets them give a presentation using their Mac without worrying about their co-workers seeing photos from their weekend getaway.
You can read Griffiths' full article on Macworld's website. There are applicable tips there for the average user, business users and even gamers.
I've never used fast user switching on my Mac, but Rob Griffiths of Macworld presents several compelling reasons why enabling this...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates