Apple issues Java security update and malware removal too, iTunes 11.0.2
Aimed at Macs running OS X 10.7 and later, the download -- available now through Software Update/MAS -- updates Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_41. It also includes a new malware removal tool.
In addition to the Java update, Apple has rolled out version 11.0.2 of iTunes via Software Update. This release lets users sort songs and other content by composer, improves app performance when syncing large playlists and fixes a bug that was preventing some purchases from appearing in users' libraries. It also brings with it the usual "stability and performance improvements" -- we love those things!
Following today's widely reported breach of security affecting Apple's employees, 1 Infinite Loop has issued Java for OS X 2013-001, an...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free