Apple issues Java security update and malware removal too, iTunes 11.0.2
Aimed at Macs running OS X 10.7 and later, the download -- available now through Software Update/MAS -- updates Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_41. It also includes a new malware removal tool.
In addition to the Java update, Apple has rolled out version 11.0.2 of iTunes via Software Update. This release lets users sort songs and other content by composer, improves app performance when syncing large playlists and fixes a bug that was preventing some purchases from appearing in users' libraries. It also brings with it the usual "stability and performance improvements" -- we love those things!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter