Macworld offers a haunting look at abandoned Apple computers
The popularity of urban exploration has skyrocketed in recent years, with would-be adventurers sneaking into abandoned buildings such as schools and factories for thrills and the opportunity to fill online photo galleries with snapshots of some truly amazing -- often creepy -- finds. One gallery assembled by Macworld illustrates what happens when urban explorers come across some familiar artifacts, namely Apple computers, during the course of their adventures.
The photos are all utterly haunting, offering glimpses into a derelict Detroit schoolroom containing dozens of orphaned MacBooks and a Niagara Falls fire station filled with mounds of Bondi blue iMacs, just to name a couple. It's enough to make you want to cry -- and send chills up your spine. Take a look!
[Image credit: Ismael Villafranco]
The popularity of urban exploration has skyrocketed in recent years, with would-be adventurers sneaking into abandoned buildings such...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free