Macworld offers a haunting look at abandoned Apple computers
The popularity of urban exploration has skyrocketed in recent years, with would-be adventurers sneaking into abandoned buildings such as schools and factories for thrills and the opportunity to fill online photo galleries with snapshots of some truly amazing -- often creepy -- finds. One gallery assembled by Macworld illustrates what happens when urban explorers come across some familiar artifacts, namely Apple computers, during the course of their adventures.
The photos are all utterly haunting, offering glimpses into a derelict Detroit schoolroom containing dozens of orphaned MacBooks and a Niagara Falls fire station filled with mounds of Bondi blue iMacs, just to name a couple. It's enough to make you want to cry -- and send chills up your spine. Take a look!
[Image credit: Ismael Villafranco]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app