Macworld offers a haunting look at abandoned Apple computers
The popularity of urban exploration has skyrocketed in recent years, with would-be adventurers sneaking into abandoned buildings such as schools and factories for thrills and the opportunity to fill online photo galleries with snapshots of some truly amazing -- often creepy -- finds. One gallery assembled by Macworld illustrates what happens when urban explorers come across some familiar artifacts, namely Apple computers, during the course of their adventures.
The photos are all utterly haunting, offering glimpses into a derelict Detroit schoolroom containing dozens of orphaned MacBooks and a Niagara Falls fire station filled with mounds of Bondi blue iMacs, just to name a couple. It's enough to make you want to cry -- and send chills up your spine. Take a look!
[Image credit: Ismael Villafranco]
The popularity of urban exploration has skyrocketed in recent years, with would-be adventurers sneaking into abandoned buildings such...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station