Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition coming to Mac on Feb. 22
Armchair adventurers take heed: Beamdog has announced that its 2012 remake of the classic Advanced Dungeons & Dragons-based title Baldur's Gate is finally arriving on Mac this week on February 22. Developed in conjunction with Overhaul Games, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition features redrawn artwork and other, well, enhancements that bring the 1998 title by BioWare more in line with today's technological standards.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will initially be available from Beamdog's site for US$19.99. The company plans to bring the game to the Mac App Store as well, but there's no ETA for it there just yet.
The iPad version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition was released on December 7 of last year. If you simply can't wait two days for the Mac release -- and think mouse-based gameplay is très passé -- you can get the tablet version on the App Store for $9.99.
[Via Loop Insight]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter