Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition coming to Mac on Feb. 22
Armchair adventurers take heed: Beamdog has announced that its 2012 remake of the classic Advanced Dungeons & Dragons-based title Baldur's Gate is finally arriving on Mac this week on February 22. Developed in conjunction with Overhaul Games, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition features redrawn artwork and other, well, enhancements that bring the 1998 title by BioWare more in line with today's technological standards.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will initially be available from Beamdog's site for US$19.99. The company plans to bring the game to the Mac App Store as well, but there's no ETA for it there just yet.
The iPad version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition was released on December 7 of last year. If you simply can't wait two days for the Mac release -- and think mouse-based gameplay is très passé -- you can get the tablet version on the App Store for $9.99.
[Via Loop Insight]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows