Mac Game of the Week: Assassin's Creed 2, now on sale for $4.99
As you may have noticed in our daily deals post today, Amazon is having a huge sale on Mac games, with some of the highest-profile titles of the last few years offered up with huge discounts. There are a few really great bargains in there (including Rage for US$4.99 and Civ V for $7.50), but the one I'll spotlight is the great sequel to Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, on sale right now for just $4.99.
Assassin's Creed as a series has gained all sorts of acclaim over the years -- it's developed into a juggernaut for Ubisoft, with the latest version, Assassin's Creed 3, taking place in colonial America, with a new protagonist running around taking out Redcoats. But Assassin's Creed 2 is my favorite of the series -- it moved up into the Renaissance from the original game set in Jerusalem, and added a whole slew of new mechanics, from upgrading shops and weapons to building up an empire of vendors and artisans. The assassination gameplay of the first game is there as well, but Assassin's Creed 2 really took the platforming even further, with various underground sections that feature some really ingenious and brilliant level designs.
And right now, you can grab the whole game on the Mac for just under five bucks. Definitely don't pass up a bargain like that: Even if you haven't played the first game, definitely pick up and play Assassin's Creed 2. You can grab it now from Amazon.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time