Mac Game of the Week: Assassin's Creed 2, now on sale for $4.99
As you may have noticed in our daily deals post today, Amazon is having a huge sale on Mac games, with some of the highest-profile titles of the last few years offered up with huge discounts. There are a few really great bargains in there (including Rage for US$4.99 and Civ V for $7.50), but the one I'll spotlight is the great sequel to Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, on sale right now for just $4.99.
Assassin's Creed as a series has gained all sorts of acclaim over the years -- it's developed into a juggernaut for Ubisoft, with the latest version, Assassin's Creed 3, taking place in colonial America, with a new protagonist running around taking out Redcoats. But Assassin's Creed 2 is my favorite of the series -- it moved up into the Renaissance from the original game set in Jerusalem, and added a whole slew of new mechanics, from upgrading shops and weapons to building up an empire of vendors and artisans. The assassination gameplay of the first game is there as well, but Assassin's Creed 2 really took the platforming even further, with various underground sections that feature some really ingenious and brilliant level designs.
And right now, you can grab the whole game on the Mac for just under five bucks. Definitely don't pass up a bargain like that: Even if you haven't played the first game, definitely pick up and play Assassin's Creed 2. You can grab it now from Amazon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs