XCOM: Enemy Unknown headed to Mac in Elite Edition
Strategy game fans got some great news today with the announcement that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is coming to Mac (can we please call it "OS XCOM" now?) this spring. The highly rated game from Civilization developer Firaxis is being ported to OS X by Feral Interactive from last October's PC release. Dubbed the Elite Edition, the Mac version will include three DLC add-ons: Slingshot, Elite Soldier and Second Wave. Pricing and an exact release date will be confirmed closer to launch.
A reboot of the classic X-COM: UFO Defense, which was released in 1994 by MicroProse, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a turn-based title that sees players commanding a squad of elite soldiers in combat against extraterrestrial threats. The game also includes a base building element where players expand their secret XCOM headquarters, research alien technology and train their forces before sending them into battle.
Strategy game fans got some great news today with the announcement that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is coming to Mac (can we please call it...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free