Software Update: Java for OS X 2013-002 1.0
Apple has released Java for OS X 2013-002 1.0 today. You can install the update for OS X 10.7 and later by launching the Mac App Store and clicking the Updates icon, or download the update directly here.
According to the update notes,
"This release updates the Apple-provided system Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_43 and is for OS X versions 10.7 or later.
This update uninstalls the Apple-provided Java applet plug-in from all web browsers. To use applets on a web page, click on the region labeled "Missing plug-in" to go download the latest version of the Java applet plug-in from Oracle.
This update also removes the Java Preferences application, which is no longer required to configure applet settings."
This update is Apple's response to recent Java vulnerabilities, one of which directly affected employees at 1 Infinite Loop.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements