Software Update: Java for OS X 2013-002 1.0
Apple has released Java for OS X 2013-002 1.0 today. You can install the update for OS X 10.7 and later by launching the Mac App Store and clicking the Updates icon, or download the update directly here.
According to the update notes,
"This release updates the Apple-provided system Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_43 and is for OS X versions 10.7 or later.
This update uninstalls the Apple-provided Java applet plug-in from all web browsers. To use applets on a web page, click on the region labeled "Missing plug-in" to go download the latest version of the Java applet plug-in from Oracle.
This update also removes the Java Preferences application, which is no longer required to configure applet settings."
This update is Apple's response to recent Java vulnerabilities, one of which directly affected employees at 1 Infinite Loop.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app