Software Update: Java for OS X 2013-002 1.0
Apple has released Java for OS X 2013-002 1.0 today. You can install the update for OS X 10.7 and later by launching the Mac App Store and clicking the Updates icon, or download the update directly here.
According to the update notes,
"This release updates the Apple-provided system Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_43 and is for OS X versions 10.7 or later.
This update uninstalls the Apple-provided Java applet plug-in from all web browsers. To use applets on a web page, click on the region labeled "Missing plug-in" to go download the latest version of the Java applet plug-in from Oracle.
This update also removes the Java Preferences application, which is no longer required to configure applet settings."
This update is Apple's response to recent Java vulnerabilities, one of which directly affected employees at 1 Infinite Loop.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free