Linkase looks to improve iPhone wifi reception
You can relive the days of cell phone antennas thanks to this iPhone case from Absolute Technology. The Linkcase for the iPhone 5 has an electromagnetic waveguide (EMW) antenna that'll improve WiFi performance in your phone.
The EMW element responsible for improving WiFi reception is embedded into the back of the case, and you can slide it up when you need a boost in your wireless signal. Linkase claims it can deliver a 50 percent improvement in reception by moving the antenna up and out of the way of your hands.
The case is landing in the hands of reviewers, but it is not yet available for sale. It'll retail for US$49.95 and will be available in Coal Black, Ash Gray, Frost White, Chili Red and Antarctic Blue.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options