Linkase looks to improve iPhone wifi reception
You can relive the days of cell phone antennas thanks to this iPhone case from Absolute Technology. The Linkcase for the iPhone 5 has an electromagnetic waveguide (EMW) antenna that'll improve WiFi performance in your phone.
The EMW element responsible for improving WiFi reception is embedded into the back of the case, and you can slide it up when you need a boost in your wireless signal. Linkase claims it can deliver a 50 percent improvement in reception by moving the antenna up and out of the way of your hands.
The case is landing in the hands of reviewers, but it is not yet available for sale. It'll retail for US$49.95 and will be available in Coal Black, Ash Gray, Frost White, Chili Red and Antarctic Blue.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter