Review and giveaway: MapiCases' Soli is a luxurious home for your iPad mini
I've taken a look at a number of really nice iPad mini cases, and the US$120 MapiCases' Soli falls into the luxury end of the spectrum. However, you're not spending your money on looks alone. This is geninuely a very nice case.
The Soli comes in four colors of glossy European leather: black, brown, red and tan. It functions the same as a number of other good iPad mini cases, folding into two stand positions that will handle typing in landscape mode or watching videos. The magnets in the front cover will wake the iPad mini from sleep when you open it, and the lining protects the screen. MapiCases says each case is made by hand, and the craftsmanship shows.
I spent a week with the Soli and was pretty pleased. My one quibble is that the latch sticks straight up when the case is folded back so you can watch a video, as you can see in the photo above. I wish it was flexible enough to fold back and stick to the cover like my Belkin case does. I was a bit dubious about the case in typing mode, thinking the iPad mini would rock as I use it. It did, but only slightly.
There's a number of great cases with similar features for $70-80 less, but if you really need to make a statement or appreciate having a luxury iPad mini case, you can't go wrong with the Soli. It'll look great in a fashion boutique, the boardroom or your local coffee shop.
We have a very nice red MapiCases Soli that would love to find a new home! Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before March 9, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a MapiCase Soli for iPad mini valued at $120.
- Click here for official rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature