SpotLite 2.0 GPS pet collar lets you monitor your pet with an iPhone
Securus, Inc. makes mobile security and safety devices, like the SpotLite GPS pet collar. This clever device attaches to your pet's collar and lets you monitor his or her whereabouts, which is perfect for those pups who like to wander.
Not only does this durable, waterproof device offer 24-hour, real-time tracking, it's backed by the American Kennel Club Companion Animal Recovery (AKC CAR) service, which means it can help you get Fido back, fast. Here's how it works.
Once it's on your pet, you can establish "safe spots" in your area or neighborhood. If Fido leaves that area, you can receive a text message or an email. Alerts will continue to come in, along with the collar's location, every 30 minutes until s/he is recovered. There's also an emergency button on the collar, so if someone recovers your pet, he can press it to let you know where they are.
There's also a mobile-friendly website that displays your pet's location.
Speaking of recovery, the SpotLite 2.0 comes with a lifetime membership with AKC CAR, so you've got someone available to help out.
TUAW will be testing the SpotLite 2.0 GPS pet collar in the next few weeks and we'll share our experiences in a full review. The unit costs US$119.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows