GifMill brings animated GIF creation to your iPhone
Animated GIFs kind of come and go in popularity, but seem to be having a bit of a resurgence lately. GifMill is a free app for your iPhone or iPod touch that lets you take photos and create animated GIF images you can share with friends via Tumblr, Twitter, email or text message.
You can also use photos from your camera roll or even use short videos. Up to 100 stills can be used to create the GIF. Once the frames are selected you can control the frame rate and quality, and rearrange or delete frames from your sequence.
I tried the app with pictures of my parrot, and got a nice result without any trouble. The app offers an in-app purchase of US$0.99 to add text, but I didn't bite. When you email an animated GIF it plays right in the message, even on an iOS device.
The app works exactly as you would expect it to, and certainly the price is right. The app runs on any iPhone from the 3GS on up, and the third- and fourth-generation iPod touch. The app is optimized for the iPhone 5 and requires iOS 6 or later.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter