Dropbox has a new "Fix Permissions" feature
If you get "Permission Denied" errors, you can try to "Fix Permissions" in Dropbox. This is not repairing disk permissions in Disk Utility, it's within the Dropbox app itself.
To get to it, open Dropbox preferences, then click "Account" and you'll see this:
Make sure that "Unlink This Computer" is highlighted (if it isn't, press Tab until it is).
Hold down the alt/option key and it will change to this:
I assume this is a new feature in Dropbox version 2.
If you're not reading Mac OS X Hints already, you really should start.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)