Dropbox has a new "Fix Permissions" feature
If you get "Permission Denied" errors, you can try to "Fix Permissions" in Dropbox. This is not repairing disk permissions in Disk Utility, it's within the Dropbox app itself.
To get to it, open Dropbox preferences, then click "Account" and you'll see this:
Make sure that "Unlink This Computer" is highlighted (if it isn't, press Tab until it is).
Hold down the alt/option key and it will change to this:
I assume this is a new feature in Dropbox version 2.
If you're not reading Mac OS X Hints already, you really should start.
Fix Dropbox permissions via Preferences » Account and hold down Option/Alt.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station