Dropbox has a new "Fix Permissions" feature
If you get "Permission Denied" errors, you can try to "Fix Permissions" in Dropbox. This is not repairing disk permissions in Disk Utility, it's within the Dropbox app itself.
To get to it, open Dropbox preferences, then click "Account" and you'll see this:
Make sure that "Unlink This Computer" is highlighted (if it isn't, press Tab until it is).
Hold down the alt/option key and it will change to this:
I assume this is a new feature in Dropbox version 2.
If you're not reading Mac OS X Hints already, you really should start.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options