Daily iPhone App: Super Stickman Golf 2 updates a modern classic
Super Stickman Golf is a great title that I've been playing for years -- it's a big standby for games journalists in particular for some reason, and every time I come to a conference full of games writers, like this week at GDC, there's always someone playing it at any given time. The company behind the app, NoodleCake Studios, has just released a sequel called Super Stickman Golf 2, and it's now available for US$0.99.
In terms of gameplay, the sequel is basically the same as the original. You are still playing golf on a 2D course, with some wacky obstacles and layouts in your way, and just a single "Go" button to take your shot and then set your power. But of course, as it's a sequel, there is plenty of new content included, with lots of new courses, new powerups and new ways to customize your characters. Hats are a big deal this time around, with some of them providing extra bonuses and stat boosts as you play.
There's also a new turn-based mode, so you can pass turns back and forth among your friends, and there's lots of new social integration in the game itself as well. The race mode is back, and in general, the gameplay seems much smoother and better-built. And there are lots of other fun extras, including iCloud support and Bluetooth multiplayer again. Super Stickman Golf 2 is an excellent app -- it's not a groundbreaking update over the first game, but it's a solid sequel, and definitely worth the 99 cent price.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync