Chinese media satisfied with Tim Cook's apology
In a letter from CEO Tim Cook, Apple apologized to Chinese consumers and pledged to improve its warranty policies in the Asian country. According to Reuters, the apology has been well-received by China's state-run media.
Popular tabloid newspaper, the Global Times, writes this about Apple's apology: "The company's apology letter has eased the situation, softening the tense relationship between Apple and the Chinese market ... Its reaction is worth respect compared with other American companies." The Global Times operates under the control of the People's Daily newspaper, which is owned and operated by the Communist Party of China.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter