Chinese media satisfied with Tim Cook's apology
In a letter from CEO Tim Cook, Apple apologized to Chinese consumers and pledged to improve its warranty policies in the Asian country. According to Reuters, the apology has been well-received by China's state-run media.
Popular tabloid newspaper, the Global Times, writes this about Apple's apology: "The company's apology letter has eased the situation, softening the tense relationship between Apple and the Chinese market ... Its reaction is worth respect compared with other American companies." The Global Times operates under the control of the People's Daily newspaper, which is owned and operated by the Communist Party of China.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature