Flickr Find: Transferring games from iPad to Apple II
This is a little on the old side, circa late 2011, but it's still incredibly cool. Reader Ken Fager posted a photo of an iPad being used to download games from the Apple Game Server Online onto an Apple //e. Fager explains what's happening in the photo above by saying, "The iPad is connected to the audio input of the Apple //e. Turn the Apple //e on and press CONTROL+RESET. At the prompt type LOAD and press Return. On the iPad select the game audio file and press play. The game will automatically transfer and start on the Apple II."
There are a ton of games available for the vintage Apple computers on Apple Game Server Online, including such classics as Choplifter, Centipede, Defender, Galaxian, Mario Bros. and the ever-popular Ms. Pac-Man. Using an iPad to serve up those games to the Apple //e ties the current generation of Apple chic with the classic computer of the past.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update