SimCity for Mac coming on June 11
EA announced today that the latest version of SimCity will be arriving on the Mac platform on June 11, 2013. Lucy Bradshaw, senior vice president and general manager of EA's Maxis Label, said that "We didn't want to make any compromises when it came to the Mac, so we created a native version that is optimised for the hardware and OS X."
For those who have already purchased the PC version of the game, the Mac version will be available as a free download on EA's Origin platform. Origin will make it possible for players to play both the Mac and PC versions with the same account, continuing their game progress across platforms.
EA Maxis is obviously proud of the Mac-native version, noting that "SimCity runs natively on Mac and its entire software renderer was rewritten for OpenGL, ensuring the best performance for the platform." Through April 15, EA Origin is offering 50 percent off on other Mac titles including Dragon Age 2, Portal 2 and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs