Mail Pilot wants to reinvent email on iOS
Mail Pilot for iPhone (US$14.99, universal) is the Kickstarter-funded app that hopes to reinvent our relationship with the incessant demands of email.
Much like competitor Mailbox (our review here), Mail Pilot lets you sort messages by the date you choose to deal with them. There's also extensive gesture support, so feel free to swipe your way to Inbox Zero. Unlike Mailbox, Mail Pilot does not route your mail through its own servers, which might be a comfort to some. It also supports more than one email provider.
However, Mail Pilot lacks push support as long as the app isn't open, which will bum others out.
We'll publish a good look at it soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app