Mail Pilot wants to reinvent email on iOS
Mail Pilot for iPhone (US$14.99, universal) is the Kickstarter-funded app that hopes to reinvent our relationship with the incessant demands of email.
Much like competitor Mailbox (our review here), Mail Pilot lets you sort messages by the date you choose to deal with them. There's also extensive gesture support, so feel free to swipe your way to Inbox Zero. Unlike Mailbox, Mail Pilot does not route your mail through its own servers, which might be a comfort to some. It also supports more than one email provider.
However, Mail Pilot lacks push support as long as the app isn't open, which will bum others out.
We'll publish a good look at it soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs