Mail Pilot wants to reinvent email on iOS
Mail Pilot for iPhone (US$14.99, universal) is the Kickstarter-funded app that hopes to reinvent our relationship with the incessant demands of email.
Much like competitor Mailbox (our review here), Mail Pilot lets you sort messages by the date you choose to deal with them. There's also extensive gesture support, so feel free to swipe your way to Inbox Zero. Unlike Mailbox, Mail Pilot does not route your mail through its own servers, which might be a comfort to some. It also supports more than one email provider.
However, Mail Pilot lacks push support as long as the app isn't open, which will bum others out.
We'll publish a good look at it soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync