Mail Pilot wants to reinvent email on iOS
Mail Pilot for iPhone (US$14.99, universal) is the Kickstarter-funded app that hopes to reinvent our relationship with the incessant demands of email.
Much like competitor Mailbox (our review here), Mail Pilot lets you sort messages by the date you choose to deal with them. There's also extensive gesture support, so feel free to swipe your way to Inbox Zero. Unlike Mailbox, Mail Pilot does not route your mail through its own servers, which might be a comfort to some. It also supports more than one email provider.
However, Mail Pilot lacks push support as long as the app isn't open, which will bum others out.
We'll publish a good look at it soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows