Managing Notification Center annoyances
Reminders is either one of the most useful apps in OS X 10.8 or one of the most annoying, depending on who you talk to. I use Reminders on my iPhone a lot, but not so much on my Mac. Part of the reason is because I assumed that once a Reminder notification popped up on screen my only options were to leave it there, close it (thus disabling the reminder for good) or "snooze" it. But there's actually a hidden option I never knew about.
As Lex Friedman points out in a new OS X tips video over on Macworld, you can actually click and hold on a Reminder notification and then flick it off to the side of the screen. Doing this will tell the reminder to reappear in 10 minutes' time. It's a great option when you want to clear a reminder from your screen -- say, to access a window the the desktop underneath -- but don't want to totally forget about the Reminder.
Lex shares several other Reminder tips in his video, so be sure to check it out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV