3D4Medical's Essential Anatomy now available for OS X
Essential Anatomy has become the most popular medical reference app on the iPad since its launch earlier this year. Now, developer 3D4Medical has brought its newest anatomy software to the Mac.
Essential Anatomy for OS X brings all of the features of the iPad version to your MacBook Air, Pro and iMac. Using 3D4Medical's proprietary graphics engine, users can explore seven systems with the most detailed digital anatomy tool ever created for the desktop. Currently the sytems include Skeletal, Connective Tissue, Muscle, Veins, Arteries, Nerves and Respiratory. The app also includes the brain and the heart. In addition, 3D4Medical tells me that a free update will be coming to Essential Anatomy for OS X in the next few weeks that will add other systems, including digestive and urinary.
I've written about Essential Anatomy for iPad in the past, and in my tests of Essential Anatomy for OS X, I've found that the Mac version lives up to the quality and experience you'd expect from 3D4Medical. Just as with its iPad app cousin, anyone in the medical or health community should get this app for their Mac.
Essential Anatomy for OS X is US$24.99 and available in the Mac App Store.
Essential Anatomy has become the most popular medical reference app on the iPad since its launch earlier this year. Now, developer...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free