Daily iPad App: Hone your culinary skills with the Baking with Dorie app
Most people can whip up some brownies or bust out a batch of cookies on a whim, but if you want to prepare a pie from scratch, you may need some help. One of the best apps to boost your baking skills is the new Baking with Dorie app.
The multimedia-rich app features baking lessons from culinary guru Dorie Greenspan. She's known for her baking cookbooks including the popular Baking with Julia, a classic cookbook that pays homage to Julia Child with recipes from more than 20 of the top bakers in the US.
The Baking with Dorie app takes the recipe and images from a traditional cookbook and pairs it with videos to create the ultimate digital cooking lesson. You not only get to see some lovely baked goods, you also get to watch a video that shows you how to make them. All the recipes include text, images and tips, but the videos are extra. The app has one free recipe with videos, and you can buy additional recipe videos for US$0.99 each. You can also pay $9.99 to unlock videos for all the recipes. There are about 25 recipes available as of the writing of this post.
The recipes are presented either in cookbook, stepview, spinview or chartview style, and you can pick the one that best fits your needs. Besides recipes, Baking with Dorie also has a timer and grocery list to help make sure you have the right ingredients on hand.
The Baking with Dorie app is available for free from the iOS App Store. It's a must-have for anyone who enjoys spending time in the kitchen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more