Instacast for Mac beta now available
Fans of Instacast 3 (US$4.99), Vemedio's feature-packed iOS podcast client, are doing the happy dance today. The company has announced an open public beta of Instacast for Mac if you want to get your hands dirty with pre-release software and check out your favorite podcasts at the same time.
The beta is valid through May 31, 2013 and provides most of the features you've come to know and love with the iOS app. You can choose to subscribe to a variety of top podcasts that appear in the audio and video podcast lists, or add a feed URL for less popular podcasts. There's also a search tool for finding podcasts by name.
Once you've subscribed to a podcast, a list of episodes appears and you can either play them on your Mac or beam them via AirPlay to your favorite large-screen device. Instacast for Macs makes it easy to manage podcasts, deleting past or played episodes if needed, and giving you the option to limit downloaded to a specific amount on your disk drive.
Instacast for Mac will sync with the iOS app if you are logged into an Instacast Cloud account. The Mac app also provides a number of sharing options, including Twitter, Pocket, iMessage, Mail, and App.net.
The beta is a quick download away, so go grab a copy if you're interested and be sure to offer your feedback on features and/or crashes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features