Carmageddon free, The Incident and more on sale
Just in time for the weekend, here's a few apps that have dropped their (already cheap) prices even lower, meaning that you've got plenty to play here for just a few bucks' worth (all prices USD).
- The PC classic turned iOS port Carmageddon has gone completely free for today only.
- The Incident is on sale for 99 cents.
- The Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders flight-simulation title has dropped down to just a buck.
- Just a few weeks after release, Sega's dropped The House of the Dead: Overkill to just $2.99. The game's not fantastic, but it does have a really innovative shooting mechanic built for iOS.
- Crazy Taxi is also on sale for 99 cents.
- Zach Gage's Halcyon is currently completely free to download.
- Chillingo has dropped Tiny Troopers 2: Special Ops down to free as well.
- Velocispider is on sale for 99 cents.
- NetherRealm's impressive Batman: Arkham City Lockdown is just under a dollar, too. Excellent price to try that one out at if you haven't.
- Cavern is a roguelike RPG with some good buzz that's on sale for $1.99.
- Big Fish Games' cute and polished point-and-click adventure title Fetch is only $2.99. That's just a buck off the usual price, but the game's well worth it.
- Finally, the retro arcade space shooter Plasma Sky is also available for free right now.
Personally, I'm still enjoying Firaxis' free Haunted Hollow, but I'm loading up a few of these on my iPad as well. Enjoy!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter