Twitter for Mac finally gains Notification Center support
Well, here's something I thought we would never see -- a minor update for Twitter for Mac, which finally brings Notification Center support to the client. You know, it only took just shy of 10 months after the release of OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion for that to happen. The 2.2.1 update also fixes Growl notifications in Lion and Mountain Lion and squashes several other bugs. But reviews are already coming in saying that the Growl fix doesn't work.
Yes, Twitter for Mac was updated in April, but it languished for a couple years (Twitter for Mac 2.1 was released in May 2011 with a minor update shortly after). The focus is on the iOS and web experience, but here's a golf clap for Twitter for tossing a bone at the Mac app's way as well.
[via 9to5 Mac]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)