Humble Indie Bundle 8 offers 7 indie Mac games for a great price
The Humble Indie Bundle is one of the higher-quality game bundles around (there are quite a few of them these days), and the eighth iteration, just announced this week, is one of the best deals we've seen in a while. The bundle features seven different games (all available on the Mac, along with Windows and Linux versions if you happen to OS that way) for a name-your-own price. You'll get Little Inferno (which began on iOS, but later arrived on PC), the excellent indie MOBA Awesomenauts, Capsized, heart-tugger Thomas Was Alone and the very atmospheric Dear Esther, along with two other titles if you pay higher than the average (currently about $5), the beautiful Proteus and the violent but very well-designed Hotline Miami.
All of those games are excellent, and the fact that you can pay your own price (which you can then divvy up as you like to charity, the Humble Bundle folks or the developers) is just icing on the already sweet cake. And there's more, too: You get soundtracks for all of the games, not to mention that all of these titles are cross-platform and DRM free, so you can play them anywhere you want, too. This bundle will be available for a while, but it's definitely a great deal. If you need a few more games to play on your Mac, pick this one up for sure.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter