The Loop's Jim Dalrymple takes on WWDC 2013 expectations
When he's not hanging around with rock stars (like Guns 'n Roses guitarist Slash, at left above) or controlling the Northern Hemisphere's supply of Heineken, Jim Dalrymple (right) is talking about Apple and those other things at The Loop. Jim's been an industry insider for quite some time, so when he talks, smart people tend to listen. Today Jim did all of us in the Apple blogosphere a favor by outlining what he feels are reasonable expectations for what we'll hear and see during the WWDC 2013 keynote.
Some of the highlights from his prognostications include:
- "The important thing to remember about WWDC is that it is a developer conference. It's not a place where Apple is going to show off the newest iPhone or iPad," followed by the admonition to bloggers that, "If you are going to write an article that Apple will release the new iPhone or iPad at WWDC, don't do it."
- "...Don't expect an iPhone or iPad at WWDC," followed by the brilliant footnote comment "If you write a story after WWDC stating that since there was no iPhone or iPad, the keynote was a bust, you are just stupid."
- "For me, the Mac products fit well with a Tim Cook keynote at WWDC. That's all I really expect from Apple in the way of hardware at the conference."
- Regarding the rumored "flat design" of iOS 7: "Personally, I don't think that Apple will take it as far as what some might think. The way I envision iOS 7 is more of a modernization of the look and feel of the operating system. Kind of like what Apple did with OS X over the years."
There's quite a bit more on The Loop, so head on over to read Jim's post. And dude, I owe you a Heineken or two for writing most of this post for me.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration