Camino web browser reaches its end of life
The developers of the venerable Camino web browser announced yesterday that the product is no longer being developed and that users should move on to "a more modern browser."
As the team blog notes, "Fortunately, Mac users have many more browsers to choose from than they did when Camino started 10 years ago." Camino devs have gone on to create Safari, Chrome and Firefox, all of which are under active development and in use by millions.
There's one overriding reason to switch from Camino; it isn't receiving security updates. It's time to move on...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free