Camino web browser reaches its end of life
The developers of the venerable Camino web browser announced yesterday that the product is no longer being developed and that users should move on to "a more modern browser."
As the team blog notes, "Fortunately, Mac users have many more browsers to choose from than they did when Camino started 10 years ago." Camino devs have gone on to create Safari, Chrome and Firefox, all of which are under active development and in use by millions.
There's one overriding reason to switch from Camino; it isn't receiving security updates. It's time to move on...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows