Dropbox for Mac beta adds automatic screenshot sharing, "Move to Dropbox" contextual menu
Dropbox offers an experimental builds channel where it lets users try out potential new features via beta builds. The latest build of Dropbox for Mac offers a few cool new features, including:
- Screenshot to Dropbox -- this feature puts every screenshot taken in OS X into a new "screenshots" folder in Dropbox for easy sharing.
- Move to Dropbox -- this is a new contextual menu item that allows you to move any file to your Dropbox simply by right-clicking on it and selecting "Move to Dropbox."
- Import from iPhoto -- this copies photo albums from your iPhoto library and places them as photo albums in your Dropbox so they are viewable via Dropbox on the web.
As with any betas, users should approach with caution. Also, Dropbox routinely adds features in betas that never make it to final release builds. However, if enough users try out the new features and give positive feedback, they could make it into an official release.
Dropbox offers an experimental builds channel where it lets users try out potential new features via beta builds. The latest build of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free