SimCity for Mac delayed until August
Mac SimCity fans hoping to grab a copy of the popular lifestyle game next week are going to be disappointed with EA today. The gaming company confirmed that it is delaying the launch of SimCity for the Mac from the original June 11th date to sometime in August.
A post on the SimCity blog claims the quality of the game is not up to EA's standards and the company needs more time to work out the kinks.
Hi, Mayors – today we are announcing that we are moving the release date of the Mac version of SimCity to August. We are announcing that we are moving the release date of the Mac version of SimCity to August. We have made this tough decision because we do not believe it is ready for primetime yet. We want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more time.
To assuage disappointed Mac owners, EA and Maxis are making SimCity Update 4.0 with Launch Park available to all customers who have purchased the Mac version.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)