SimCity for Mac delayed until August
Mac SimCity fans hoping to grab a copy of the popular lifestyle game next week are going to be disappointed with EA today. The gaming company confirmed that it is delaying the launch of SimCity for the Mac from the original June 11th date to sometime in August.
A post on the SimCity blog claims the quality of the game is not up to EA's standards and the company needs more time to work out the kinks.
Hi, Mayors – today we are announcing that we are moving the release date of the Mac version of SimCity to August. We are announcing that we are moving the release date of the Mac version of SimCity to August. We have made this tough decision because we do not believe it is ready for primetime yet. We want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more time.
To assuage disappointed Mac owners, EA and Maxis are making SimCity Update 4.0 with Launch Park available to all customers who have purchased the Mac version.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs