Ashton Kutcher's Jobs to open nationwide on August 16th
Try to contain your excitement -- Ashton Kutcher's new movie Jobs, which previewed to somewhat tepid reviews towards the beginning of 2013 -- will be hitting theaters nationwide on Friday, August 16th.
Open Road Films was originally aiming for an April 19th release date, but decided to delay the release somewhat due to the fact they weren't able to generate a lot of "buzz" about the movie. Now the production company has two months to turn on the hype machine, get a media campaign up and running and try to get you to reach for a wallet (virtual or not) and buy a ticket.
Jobs is the first real biopic based on the life and times of the former Apple CEO. Funny or Die's iSteve was apparently quite awful and was also attempting to be a comedy, so it's not being counted as a serious movie. Another biopic based on Walter Isaacson's biography Steve Jobs is apparently in the works, but isn't expected for at least another year or two.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free