Ballistic adds Hydra waterproof iPhone case to its line
Ballistic makes some amazing cases that can put up with a lot of abuse. TUAW has reviewed the lightweight and stylish Aspira cases for iPhone 5, the Universal Sport Rugged holster and the Tough Jacket for iPad in the past, and all have proven to be tough and able to put up with abuse. But what about water? Today, Ballistic announced the addition of the new Hydra (US$80.00) waterproof iPhone 5 case to its line.
The Hydra is relatively thin, thanks to TPE and polycarbonate construction. And to cushion the phone in case of falls, Ballistic's trademarked Air Gap Suspension Springs provide a gap between the case and the device.
Waterproofing on the Hydra exceeds IP-68 standards, meaning that it can be submerged in up to seven feet of water for up to 30 minutes. The waterproof design also serves as a way to keep dust out of the case in drier climates.
The Hydra comes in a variety of colors and will be available both on the Ballistic Case website and at retail stores.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service