Ballistic adds Hydra waterproof iPhone case to its line
Ballistic makes some amazing cases that can put up with a lot of abuse. TUAW has reviewed the lightweight and stylish Aspira cases for iPhone 5, the Universal Sport Rugged holster and the Tough Jacket for iPad in the past, and all have proven to be tough and able to put up with abuse. But what about water? Today, Ballistic announced the addition of the new Hydra (US$80.00) waterproof iPhone 5 case to its line.
The Hydra is relatively thin, thanks to TPE and polycarbonate construction. And to cushion the phone in case of falls, Ballistic's trademarked Air Gap Suspension Springs provide a gap between the case and the device.
Waterproofing on the Hydra exceeds IP-68 standards, meaning that it can be submerged in up to seven feet of water for up to 30 minutes. The waterproof design also serves as a way to keep dust out of the case in drier climates.
The Hydra comes in a variety of colors and will be available both on the Ballistic Case website and at retail stores.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options