Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery's version 6 now available
Stellar Data Recovery announced an upgrade to their data recovery product this week. Mac Data Recovery 6 recovers deleted files with their original file names intact, which is a first in the Mac market. It can reclaim documents, images, movies, and other files from HFS, HFS+, FAT, ExFAT and NTFS file systems. In addition to recovering data from your internal or external hard drive, Mac Data Recovery 6 can also retrieve files from SD cards, flash, USB devices, and even deleted volumes.
According to Stellar, the updated Mac Data Recovery software includes a new scanning engine that is up to 30% faster than previous versions. It can also recover files from boot camp partitions. In addition, Stellar's Raw Recovery feature allows you to recover more than 122 different file types. Mac Data Recovery 6 works in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and up and supports English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Dutch.
You can try Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery 6 for free [direct download link], but it only scans and previews recoverable data. To actually save that data, you can purchase the product for US$99.00 directly from the site.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter