DevJuice: Recovering your UUID after upgrading
Some of our TUAW staff got really excited this week when the iPad beta of iOS 7 finally debuted. So excited, in fact, that they forgot to check if their device was properly registered with their dev account.
They installed the beta -- and, as you probably guessed, got stuck.
Fortunately, for those in such a situation, Apple provides an enterprise tool that enables you to retrieve UUIDs from unactivated devices.
So why not register directly through Xcode's organizer? The answer is that not everyone is familiar or comfortable in the IDE, especially those who play support roles on development teams -- such as designers, managers and others who aren't quite hands-on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features