DevJuice: Recovering your UUID after upgrading
Some of our TUAW staff got really excited this week when the iPad beta of iOS 7 finally debuted. So excited, in fact, that they forgot to check if their device was properly registered with their dev account.
They installed the beta -- and, as you probably guessed, got stuck.
Fortunately, for those in such a situation, Apple provides an enterprise tool that enables you to retrieve UUIDs from unactivated devices.
So why not register directly through Xcode's organizer? The answer is that not everyone is familiar or comfortable in the IDE, especially those who play support roles on development teams -- such as designers, managers and others who aren't quite hands-on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter