Square Stand credit card terminal to be sold at Apple Stores
The Square Stand will convert an iPad into a full point-of-sale system that pairs with cash drawers, receipt printers, barcode scanners and credit card readers.
The US$299 device begins shipping this week and will be available at the same time at Apple retail stores, Best Buy and other select retailers.
The Square Stand only works with 2nd and 3rd generation iPads because of the 30-pin dock connector. A Lightning-connector model will be available later this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options