Square Stand credit card terminal to be sold at Apple Stores
The Square Stand will convert an iPad into a full point-of-sale system that pairs with cash drawers, receipt printers, barcode scanners and credit card readers.
The US$299 device begins shipping this week and will be available at the same time at Apple retail stores, Best Buy and other select retailers.
The Square Stand only works with 2nd and 3rd generation iPads because of the 30-pin dock connector. A Lightning-connector model will be available later this year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync