Give Apple's reminders a boost with AppleScript
Reminders is one of those apps that most Mac users probably don't touch, and the vast majority of those who do are likely not getting the most out of it. But with a little added functionality thanks to some basic AppleScript tweaking, Reminders can transform into a more useful tool, allowing you to save browser tab information to your reminder list with just a tap and even instantly bring up a quick reminder entry field for notes whenever you need it.
The process is rather simple and involves creating a pair of very basic scripts via OS X's AppleScript utility. You can then map these scripts to your keyboard using any number of launchers -- such as Alfred or Keyboard Maestro. MacStories has the full rundown on the scripts, which you can simply copy and paste into AppleScript in order to give them a test drive.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app