Olloclip adds a telephoto lens to the family
Olloclip has been a favorite solution for many iPhone owners when it comes to enhancing digital photography with the Apple device. The company's clip-on lens solution features a macro lens, a fisheye lens and a wide-angle lens. While those lenses are fine for landscapes and detail photography, one piece of glass has been missing from the Olloclip line -- a telephoto lens. Today Olloclip announced a pair of 2x telephoto lenses (both US$99.99), one model that works with the iPhone 5 and the other with the iPhone 4/4S and the last two generations of iPod touch.
Also included with the telephoto lens is a circular polarization lens (CPL) that, when rotated, blocks unwanted light reflections and makes colors appear closer to what the eye actually sees. The CPL can also be used without a lens or with the fisheye and wide-angle lenses. The telephoto is made with a high-quality aluminum body and precision ground glass optics.
You can expect to see the Olloclip telephoto lens in Apple Stores later this month, and in Best Buy stores in August.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update